Saturday, August 4, 2012

Final Days on QM2

     My apologies to those who have been trying to follow our blog.  It has been very frustrating for me that the QM2 internet service was so bad that I could not get pictures downloaded.  I finally canceled the service and demanded my money back when I spent 60 minutes one day at 40 cents per minute and was only able to download one picture.  On the next day, I spent 25 minutes and wasn't even able to access my blog.  That's when I blew my top...........
        Anyway, we are home now and our service should enable me to post more pictures.  Other than the internet service, everything about the Queen Mary 2 was wonderful, exceeding our hopes and expectations.

   This young boy was being cared for by his slightly older sister in the Golden Lion Pub while we listened to a singer/piano player.  We never saw the parents.  There were over 300 children on board.











Patrick Patton was my favorite entertainer on board; we listened to him three times in the Golden Lion Pub.  He played and sang songs like "The City of New Orleans", "I Got My Kicks on Route 66", "Country Roads" and other American favorites with lyrics we could understand.  We don't understand why he wasn't used in the larger venues.






This is the interior of the Brittainia Restaurant where we took most of our meals.  The size of the room cannot be comprehended in this photo.  Seating was arranged on multiple levels in the two deck high space.
Another picture of the Brittainia, a bit   brighter than the other.  Our seating at dinner was at a table for six, but two never showed up for the entire cruise.  Perhaps they were honeymooners who took all meals in their cabin or simply ate in less formal restaurants.   Although I didn't like the idea of formal dressing before we went, it was enjoyable to see everyone dressed in splendid
wear at the formal dinners.  The whole dining experience in this elegant restaurant measured up to the garments required for admission with four course dinners standard.  One night, I ordered a vegetarian menu by mistake, and they were quick to replace it with a more palatable choice with no hesitation.  There was always a choice offered of five or six desserts.  Of course, ice cream was my favorite.





Adrian from the Phillipines was our congenial, always smiling host who soon learned our preferences.  We had the same table assignments for dinner each evening, but there was open seating for breakfast and lunch, so we had a variety of interesting table companions from Germany, Denmark, England, France, Austrailia, and various states of the USA.





Sharon dragged me to this dance performance which I did not expect to like, but it was excellent.  I thought I had my money's worth (it was included in tour price so it was free of extra charge.) on the first dance.  There were 20 or so dances, each in new elaborate costumes.
I don't know how they were able to change so quickly.   I am a very hard grader for performers, but all of the acts earned an A or B+ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment